J ALLAN PAYNE MAI, SRA, RW/AC, AI-GRS
Total years of appraisal expereince 40+
- Graduate of the University of Utah with B.S. Degree, 1971
- Full-time appraiser since September, 1971
- Certified General Appraiser, 1991: State of Utah Certificate #5450904-CG00 Expires 6-30-2015, Will Extend
- AQB Certified USPAP Instructor, February 2005 Through April 2016
- Designated SRA by the Society of Real Estate Appraisers, 1976
- Designated MAI by the American Institute of Real Estate Appraisers, January 1985, Member #7051, Certified to 12/31/17
- Designated R/W-AC January 2012, International Right-of-Way Association
- Designated AI-GRS, October 2014, Appraisal Institute
- Practicing Lifetime Member of the Appraisal Institute
PROFESSIONAL AND CIVIC ACTIVITIES
President of the Salt Lake Chapter of the Society of Real Estate Appraisers, 1979-80
Member of Sandy City Planning Commission, 1981-83
Charter Member of the Sandy Rotary Club, 1984-2000
President, Utah Chapter Appraisal Institute, 1995
Chairman, Legislative Committee, Utah Association of Appraisers, 1998 -1999
Regional Representative, Appraisal Institute, 1997-1999
Education Liaison, National Committee, Appraisal Institute, 1998-2003
President, Payne Appraisal & Company, Inc., 1985-Present
Trustee, Utah Association of Appraisers Board, 2000-2008
Project Manager, Land America, 2006-2008
AWARDS & RECOGNITION
State Appraiser of the Year, 1999 (Utah Chapter Appraisal Institute)
Government Relations Recognition Award (Val 2000 Appraisal Institute)
Distinguished Service Award (Life Arts Center)
Leroy Pia Community Award, 2005 (Utah Chapter Appraisal Institute)
C Francis Solomon Award, 2013, (Utah Chapter Appraisal Institute)
SEMINARS DEVELOPED AND PRESENTED
Appraising Complex Residences, 2hr PowerPoint Presentation, St. George Symposium, 1999
Rules and Regulations for Trainees and Supervisors, 2hr PowerPoint Presentation, St.
George Symposium, 2003
- President, Payne Appraisal and Company, Inc.
- Practice emphasizes the appraisal of land, small commercial, and residential related properties for small and large local banks, lenders, attorneys, trustees, and local, state, and federal government agencies.
- Project Manager/Appraiser, LandAmerica Valuation Corp, Inc., 2006-2008. Duties include reviewing and appraising commercial and apartment appraisals nationwide.
- I have appraised apartments, retail, or industrial properties in fourteen states. Utah, Wyoming, Idaho, Washington, Nevada, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Kansas, Oklahoma, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Ohio, and Hawaii. Also, for national lenders including LaSalle Bank, IndyMac Bank, BMC Capital, KeyBank, and JP Morgan Chase, Zions Bank, Washington Federal Bank, Mountain America Credit Union.
- Returned to Payne Appraisal and Company, May 2008.
- Specializing in eminent domain appraising, federal land acquisition appraising, estate settlement appraising, and general commercial and residential appraising.
SUMMARY OF APPRAISAL CAREER
Ad Valorem, Taxation 5 Years
Savings & Loan, Mortgage Appraisals 2 Years
Private Practice Appraisals
Residential (Sole Proprietor) 8 Years
Commercial (Mid-Sized Office) 10 Years
Variety Practice (Small Office) 13 Years
National Practice (Large Office) 2 Years
Total Years of Appraisal Experience 40 Years.